I am getting together a WWI era outfit for a centennial event in August and have been slowly putting bits and pieces together. I just finished another version of the Lynn McMasters pattern (the first was cotton velvet in View D) and I was pleased with how it came out. I made a special trip to Downtown LA earlier this year to pick up supplies at California Millinery (oh my, I love that place), and also found a satin that had a nice backing, not too stiff or slippery, and didn't scream synthetic. I really like how this hat turned out and really liked working with a curved needle on this project. For trim I have an antique spray of black wheat to add, and that's about it.